Content

Pin It

Widgets

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Electric Shock


Spring has come and gone and now it’s summer and I still look like I might glow in the dark. No, I am not I am talking about my ghostly skin tone, but about my favorite set of colors to wear during this atrocious time of year (I can’t stand the heat –I’m sorry I’m not sorry!). But no one likes a complainer, so I do try to embrace summer months as much as I can, such as with the color palate I choose to wear. There are basically only two colors: black (sorry, I can’t part with you even though you absorb every single U.V. ray in the atmosphere) and neon (no, I won’t list all colors, so I’ll just pile them up).

On that note, let me tell you the story behind the look. A few weeks ago, I took a few pictures for my internship at CollegeFashionista for a campaign with Seventeen Magazine. I was supposed to wear bold colors, but bold to me is merely a synonym for neon (I mean, really, what’s bolder than that?). One A few trips to Target and tens of web searches later, I discovered I didn’t get on the magazine. Boo hoo. Teenagers across the country missed out on my great outfit, how will they know what to wear for spring/summer now? Blah, at least I got to distract myself for a few hours from studying and writing finals and get multiple perplexed looks on the street for being a walking-talking highlighter.

What’s your favorite spring/summer trend? Are you digging the whole neon movement?


La primavera ya vino y se fue, abriéndole paso al verano y yo me sigo viendo como si fuera a brillar en la oscuridad. No, no me refiero si me refiero a mi tono de piel de fantasma, si no a mi set de colores favoritos para este clima tan atroz (lo siento, pero no soporto el calor). Pero a nadie les caen bien los quejumbrosos así que intento aceptar el verano las mas que puedo. Un ejemplo seria con la paleta de colores que uso.  Básicamente, solo uso dos colores: el negro (no puedo abstenerme de ti aunque atraigas cada rayo U.V. en la atmosfera) y neón (no voy a decir cada color así que los amontonare en una categoría).   

Que por cierto, déjenme les cuento la historia detrás de este look. Hace ya algunas semanas, me tome unas fotos para mi internship en CollegeFashionista para una campaña con la revista Seventeen. Debía usar colores bold, pero para mí, eso significa neón (digo, ¿qué es mas bold que eso?). Después de un algunas visitas a Target y varias búsquedas en la web page, descubrí que no me pusieron en la revista. Boo hoo. Las adolescentes a través del país se perdieron de mi gran outfit, ¿ahora como sabrán que usar para primavera/verano? Blah, tan siquiera me pude distraer unas horas de escribir y estudiar para finales y recibir algunas miradas extrañas por vestir como un highlighter.

¿Cuál es tu trend favorito para primera/verano? ¿Te gusta el neón?  

Pull and Bear bowler bag, GUESS? strappy heels, thrifted dress, vintage bracelet, DIY collar and H&M necklace. 

1 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

Followers